Re: kernel panic during install

drobbins_at_drobbins.net
Date: 08/05/04

Date: Thu, 05 Aug 2004 13:32:19 -0400

YIKES!!!

don't check on a post for a couple of days and I get a zillion replies!
thanks for all the support
after much hair pulling I got it sorted out
because of the email attack making my hardrive try to beat itself to death,
I was sure this was the problem, but of course it wasn't. The problem was
happening in the first stages of install before you even get to the disk
partitioning part, I think you could get that far without even having a
harddrive. It has created a ram disk and loaded a default file system there
and is running off that ( I think is that correct? )
anyway, I took it outside and blew the dust out of it, unseated all the
cards and memory and put em back in and it ran like new.

thanks for all the ideas
Dave