Re: CD-ROM not recognized during Fedora setup

From: peter volsted (peter_at_image.dk)
Date: 08/16/04

    Date: Mon, 16 Aug 2004 14:02:53 -0400

    hi

    > Paul Lutus wrote:
    >>
    >>I am trying now to install Fedora Core 2 Test 2.
    >>I've got it in a magazine on a DVD-ROM. As I didn't succeed to boot from
    >>the DVD (IDE), I burnt the boot image (about 8 MB).
    >>
    >>I managed to boot from it, but at the beginning of the installation, the
    >>setup process asks me where are the packages to install, and when I choose
    >>CD-ROM, it says that it can't find driver. It then proposes me only SCSI
    >>drivers, whereas I use an IDE DVD driver.

    Did you try the "-allowcddma" option at start?

    --
    good luck
    peter

    • Advice on tulip driver
      ... as root user xsane finds the scanner but as a normal user xsane ... > First you need to run apt-get update to read the list of packages. ... I removed the existing KDE installation: ... > Probing devices to guess BIOS drives. ...
      (Debian-User)
    • Re: Feedback wanted for a drag-and-drop install location interface for PackMan
      ... You mean the "Packages to configure"? ... fact that items in that window can be selected. ... the window for the current app. ... installation (though that's at odds with my comments about the drag and drop ...
      (comp.sys.acorn.apps)
    • Re: [SLE] late KDE update!
      ... >> installing first all the base packages. ... e) Added the new installation source in YaST using a local mirror. ... t) The conflict window returned with several KDE packages listed. ...
      (SuSE)
    • RE: ubuntu-users Digest, Vol 75, Issue 260
      ... Grub 2 and moved sytem ... I've done it as I usually do, by copying the installation from one partition ... when does partition order change without the user doing ... Non-free packages installed on thezorch-desktop ...
      (Ubuntu)
    • Re: XP Full/upgrade what?
      ... You have a current installation of Windows 98/98SE/ME/NT ... "FULL OEM" CD. ... The COA and Product Keys for these packages will be the same as the ... packages from Microsoft, ...
      (microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics)