Re: /usr/local/bin?

From: Luca Pireddu (ilveroluca_at_n.o.s.p.a.m.hotmail.com)
Date: 09/24/04

Date: Fri, 24 Sep 2004 05:16:23 GMT

Alexander Adam wrote:

> hi!
>
> I've sucessfully compiled and installed cvs source into /usr/local/bin
>
> Now I was expecting the bash shell to know the 'cvs' command but it doesn't.
> Even when I am in the /usr/local/bin dir I am unable to run the cvs command
> but its there so what's wrong?
> Sorry for the maybe stupid question but I'm pretty new to unix/linux and
> would appreciate any help on that!
>
> thanks a lot,
> alex

Can you tell us what error you get when you try to execute the command?

Luca

Relevant Pages

  • Re: /usr/local/bin?
    ... ]Now I was expecting the bash shell to know the 'cvs' command but it doesn't. ...
    (alt.os.linux.suse)
  • Re: /usr/local/bin?
    ... >> Now I was expecting the bash shell to know the 'cvs' command but it ...
    (comp.unix.admin)
  • Re: System call not acting as expected
    ... You seem to be expecting the latter behaviour, ... Why are you using commas there ... all sorts of fun problems, like having to sort out terminal escape ... > The result of this line confirms that it is generating exactly the command ...
    (comp.lang.perl.misc)
  • Re: /usr/local/bin?
    ... > Now I was expecting the bash shell to know the 'cvs' command but it ...
    (comp.unix.admin)
  • Re: Python-os. Command Execution
    ... which is not the same thing as you may be expecting from other languages. ... But that's bad Python. ... Execute the command in a subshell. ... You said GUI, ...
    (comp.lang.python)