Program for mapping hot-keys?

From: Koppe74 (koppe74_at_gmail.com)
Date: 11/05/04

Date: 5 Nov 2004 01:27:43 -0800

Can anybody recomend a good program for helping me to map
the hot-keys (my-documents, messenger, browser,...) on my
keyboard to suitable linux-applications (probably KDE-apps).

I would also be interested in a similar program for doing
the same for the virtual terminals (non-X), but then
naturaly mapped to non-X applications. If there is a program
that could do both (X and non-X), that would perhaps be
preferble...

BTW, any HOWTOs or anything that describes how to map
hot-keys to commands out there?

-Koppe (very tired of "Unknown Scancode" errors... :-)

Relevant Pages

  • Program for mapping hot-keys?
    ... Can anybody recomend a good program for helping me to map ... the hot-keys on my ... keyboard to suitable linux-applications (probably KDE-apps). ... naturaly mapped to non-X applications. ...
    (comp.os.linux.misc)
  • Re: Program for mapping hot-keys?
    ... > Can anybody recomend a good program for helping me to map ... > naturaly mapped to non-X applications. ...
    (comp.os.linux.setup)