Re: Program for mapping hot-keys?

From: Toan Tran (ttran_at_agmlxw12.mys.agilent.com)
Date: 11/05/04

Date: 5 Nov 2004 10:19:19 GMT

On 2004-11-05, Koppe74 <koppe74@gmail.com> wrote:
> Can anybody recomend a good program for helping me to map
> the hot-keys (my-documents, messenger, browser,...) on my
> keyboard to suitable linux-applications (probably KDE-apps).
>
> I would also be interested in a similar program for doing
> the same for the virtual terminals (non-X), but then
> naturaly mapped to non-X applications. If there is a program
> that could do both (X and non-X), that would perhaps be
> preferble...
>
> BTW, any HOWTOs or anything that describes how to map
> hot-keys to commands out there?
>
> -Koppe (very tired of "Unknown Scancode" errors... :-)

Check out http://wmalms.tripod.com/#XHKEYS
Only works in X though.

--
 Toan Tran
 Sensor Solution Division, Agilent Technologies

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Program for mapping hot-keys?
    ... > Can anybody recomend a good program for helping me to map ... > naturaly mapped to non-X applications. ...
    (comp.os.linux.misc)
  • Program for mapping hot-keys?
    ... Can anybody recomend a good program for helping me to map ... the hot-keys on my ... keyboard to suitable linux-applications (probably KDE-apps). ... naturaly mapped to non-X applications. ...
    (comp.os.linux.setup)
  • Program for mapping hot-keys?
    ... Can anybody recomend a good program for helping me to map ... the hot-keys on my ... keyboard to suitable linux-applications (probably KDE-apps). ... naturaly mapped to non-X applications. ...
    (comp.os.linux.misc)
  • Re: remove old mappings
    ... Ok that seems to work great so, what do you recomend when one small group wants a different map than others? ... do you have a whole different policy or some kind of conditional statement, ... your complete time-to-working-desktop. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.group_policy)
  • Re: Strange Items
    ... I have now made pest patrol a favorite so I can check ... "MAP" wrote in message ... >>Thanks for helping a new XP user. ... > Both should be removed.For a more detailed distribution ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics)