USB wireless SMC 2662W CA and atmelwlandriver-3.4.1.0.tar.bz2 with patch-atmel_reset.gz

From: Thufir (thufir.hawat_at_mail.com)
Date: 11/26/04

Date: 25 Nov 2004 18:36:31 -0800

(Google doesn't archive c.o.l.help, so follow up to ...?)

My Canadian SMC USB 802.11b network adapter
----------------------------------
trade name: EZ Connect
Model Number: SMC2662W CA
Part Number: 99-012084-331

from <http://www.smc.com/> choosing canada, then support and entering
the part number gives no matches for any version of linux :(

<http://atmelwlandriver.sourceforge.net/> is the "Home of the
OpenSource Linux Driver for Atmel AT76C5XXx-based Wireless Devices,"
and lists the 2662W in its USB list. The USB list also says there's a
GPL driver. following the download links to sourceforge, I downloaded
atmelwlandriver-3.4.1.0.tar.bz2 and patch-atmel_reset.gz ; which I
think is correct.

did I download the correct driver and patch? this is for FC3.

thank you,

thufir.hawat@mail.com

Relevant Pages

  • Hibernation problem for USB device without ROM firmware
    ... We make use of a USB device that gets its identity changed dynamically after ... burned into the ROM and it is not the USB chip manufacturer's VID/PID. ... I installed a lower filter driver to our hub ... and tried to download the firmware during power up, ...
  • Re: USB to ethernet support for Eboot - Help
    ... Windows cannot determine the settings for this device. ... Downloaded Remote NDIS USB Driver Kit. ... I've seen VID and PID in the details tab of the driver properties. ... Whether it is same as like KITL ethernet download. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsce.embedded)
  • Re: USB hardware errors - device still works
    ... download the drivers to a special folder clearly ... > The computer came with USB 1.1 and I recently installed an Adaptec ... > When installing the Adaptec card I had to download the driver from their ... > site since I did not have the USB 2.0 driver install. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: USB to ethernet support for Eboot - Help
    ... Downloaded Remote NDIS USB Driver Kit. ... I've seen VID and PID in the details tab of the driver properties. ... So i hope i've to install RNDIS driver in host system also. ... Whether it is same as like KITL ethernet download. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsce.embedded)
  • Re: xp sp2 USB drive - pop-up warning
    ... When I sent that last message IE shutdown and lost the download again- oh well. ... I ran the x86 link on your URL ran it and under " My Computer" on the USB device viewer, it shows that I have TWO 10 port root hubs. ... I don;t have 20 ports, so these the same physical ports with different drivers ?? ... How do I " force it" to use the 2.0 driver ??? ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)