Booting problem

From: Jack// ani (nospam4u_jack_at_yahoo.com)
Date: 11/26/04

Date: 26 Nov 2004 07:03:40 -0800

Hi all,

Why do linux and well as dos stop booting if cylinders exceeds beyond 1024?

Thanks

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Derivative effects.
    ... > windows comes from dos, which was designed for personal desktops. ... Thats distro specific, not linux specific. ... > scrollbar setup screens, and anyone who has ever installed an os knows ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: Anyone tried basiclinux?
    ... As a practical matter, since so few are still using dos, I dont worry ... my Linux internet logon. ... As for big drives, I work in text, not graphics. ...
    (alt.linux)
  • Derivative effects.
    ... Linux comes from Unix, ... windows comes from dos, which was designed for personal desktops. ... I *never* get told I dont have 'permission' to access a floppy. ... Linux is terrific for networks. ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: OT: XO "Get one, give one"
    ... steht der DAU bei DOS genauso ... Linux ist eher was fuer Experten. ... Wenn einige der SW hier ueberhaupt nicht auf Linux-OS laeuft, ist das fuer mich eben nicht der Fall. ... Unsere Consultants verwenden OO. ...
    (de.sci.electronics)
  • Re: Linux? Void my warantee? Make tech support impossible?
    ... from basic DOS to DesqViewX ... though Windows XP is an improvement ... >techniques Linux attacks at most wipe out the compromised account. ... to be ripping off his customers. ...
    (comp.os.linux.misc)