Re: Newbie Samba server configuration question?

From: mjt (mjtobler_at_removethis_mail.ru)
Date: 11/26/04

Date: Fri, 26 Nov 2004 09:22:22 -0600

http://www.linuxselfhelp.com/HOWTO/SMB-HOWTO.html

--
<<   http://michaeljtobler.homelinux.com/   >>
Cocaine is nature's way of telling you you have too much money.

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Printing over the internet
    ... The concept is you will need to setup IIS on your WinXP machine and bind a hostname or domain to it. ... Windows Server - File Storage ... You can enable, if you have a quality firewall, traffic in ONE ...
  • Re: Debugging returning 401 HTTP error
    ... since you're using the winxp machine as server and such ... so that some external vistors can visit your site? ... Microsoft Online Support ...
  • Re: New Install of SBS2003 has opened up some shares on the server
    ... You are authenticating.. ... SBS doesnt know what a real domain is, I will get shot for saying that, let me put it this way, SBS provides domain access to USERS aswell as devices. ... Bottom line is that your winXP machine has some USER credentials that are the same as an account on the SBS box. ... and then I'll click on the sbs2003 server. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: Using RDP from a WinXP machine to Connect to a Win2000 machine
    ... | On server versions from 2000 it works but not on professional. ... |> I do it all the time from my WinXP machine at home with terminal ... |> | use RDP successfully between two WinXP machines that are configured. ... |> | I am getting the error message: Remote Desktop Disconnected. ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.general)
  • Re: Access is denied during debugging - what I did to fix it.
    ... off the WinXP machine for the changes to take ... > After setting up my new development web server and moving across one of my ... added it to the Debugger Users group and presto - the debugging ... However I had to setup a 'mirrored' user to fool DCOM. ...
    (microsoft.public.vsnet.debugging)