Re: sshd broke after I change IP subnet address on server

From: aptadmin (
Date: 12/08/04

Date: Tue, 7 Dec 2004 15:48:52 -0800

Thanks for your response...
for some reason after I changed the IP, I found that the
AllowPaswordAuthentication was set to no. After changing it to yes it let
me log in. I never changed this setting so I don't know why it got changed.

"Bill Marcum" <> wrote in message
> On Tue, 7 Dec 2004 11:47:08 -0800, aptadmin
> <> wrote:
>> Hi,
>> I was configuring this server for a remote location. I was connecting
>> fine
>> with ssh until I changed the address to a different subnet. Now I keep
>> getting access denied message everytime I try to connect. I have my
>> laptop
>> and the server on a switch with both configured on same subnet. I am
>> connected to it through webmin and serial port, but I can not connect
>> through ssh. Any suggestions on where to look would be greatly
>> appreciated.
>> -Paul
> When you changed the server's ip address, did you change the
> ListenAddress in /etc/ssh/sshd.conf?
> --
> Programming Department:
> Mistakes made while you wait.

Relevant Pages

  • Re: SSH Connects for me only sporadically.
    ... Now the server is behind a wireless router, ... port has a non standard external port number. ... ssh, and I get the same results. ... Connecting with ssh on the local lan at home works fine every time. ...
  • Re: OpenSSH MacOSX bug? (invalid name was supplied)
    ... I've had some luck downgrading to ssh version 1 (i.e. use ... connecting to either debian or Ubuntu OpenSSH server... ... Server Version: ... hosts, but any hosts on my local LAN ...
  • Re: Problem using Remoting with 2 NICs
    ... I agree with you on the 2 NIC's with same subnet being a bad idea. ... Setting the http channels useIpAddress property to false on the server fixed ... I have clients connecting successfully on NIC 1, ... When both NICs are enabled. ...
  • Re: Q: paramiko/SSH/ how to get a remote host_key
    ... I am connecting from a WindowsXP SP2 machine. ... SSH client, if you connect for the first time then you get somethign ... host_key the first time it connects to a remote SSH server. ...
  • dsa and rsa key changed?
    ... I have openssh 3.1 installed on a redhat server. ... It is connecting with rsa host key of the server. ... the warning I did not accept it and I did not logon. ... ssh files. ...