help

cupidisdangerous_at_hotmail.com
Date: 01/01/05

Date: 1 Jan 2005 10:13:30 -0800

hi and happy new year to all of you out there

i am a new user of linux (RH9.0) I am facing two problems:

First one is that i am unsure how do i change the password policy of
my system i mean that whenever any user want to change his or her
password then the new password should be of how many characters and
which all type of characters must be used in that new password. kindly
be eleborate if possible.

Second problem is that when i give shutdown command my system goes
down but gives me a message of "power down" or "system halted" and
then i have to manually switch the system off. I have tried
'shutdown', 'halt', 'poweroff'& 'init 0'. Is there a way that when i
give a shutdown command my system goes down automatically like it
happen in windows.

Thanx alot in advance

Cupid

Relevant Pages

  • changing password policy
    ... First one is that i am unsure how do i change the password policy of ... which all type of characters must be used in that new password. ... Second problem is that when i give shutdown command my system goes ...
    (comp.os.linux.misc)
  • Re: Strange Undeliverable E-mails where to look?
    ... SBS2k3 the password policy was put in to place, ... is more than 8 characters and is difficult. ... you can disable authenticated relay ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: GP0 - Pasword length doesnt ake
    ... they can do it with any number of characters?? ... >> Password policy, for domain accounts, can only be set in a GPO linked to ... If you set password policy in a GPO linked to an ... you are affecting local accounts on any computers in that OU. ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.security)
  • Re: GP0 - Pasword length doesnt ake
    ... they can do it with any number of characters?? ... >> Password policy, for domain accounts, can only be set in a GPO linked to ... If you set password policy in a GPO linked to an ... you are affecting local accounts on any computers in that OU. ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.security)
  • RE: [Fwd: Re: Secure Password Policy?]
    ... It is an excellent resource for helping to decide a password policy length. ... >password if it is less than 8 characters. ... Audit your website security with Acunetix Web Vulnerability Scanner: ... Cross site scripting and other web attacks before hackers do! ...
    (Pen-Test)