serial port communication problem with null modem

From: prakash (prkumi_at_rediffmail.com)
Date: 02/17/05

Date: 17 Feb 2005 06:56:24 -0800

I am trying to establish a connection b/w port1 and port2 ( com ports
of PC)
/dev/sttyS0 and dev/sttyS1

I am able to do initial configuration as opening port communications
properly for both the ports
I have two different programs
swrite.c
sread.c
for writing and reading simultaneously from port1 to port2 or vice
versa

but I am unable to see the data coming from port 1 to port 2 when the
lenght of string wrriten oat one end exceeds 16 characters.

sometimes the configuration with baud rates as 19200 and 9600 does not
work at all.
I am very much Puzzeled..
want HELP !!!!!!!!!!!!ASAP

Relevant Pages

  • Spurious completions during NCQ
    ... support DPO or FUA ... ACPI: PM-Timer IO Port: 0x408 ... Using ACPI for SMP configuration information ...
    (Linux-Kernel)
  • sata_nv times out for BD-ROM iHOS104-08
    ... ata3: nv: skipping hardreset on occupied port ... configuration follow. ... 00:0e.0 RAID bus controller: nVidia Corporation MCP51 Serial ATA ... USB 1.1 'Open' Host Controller Driver ...
    (Linux-Kernel)
  • RE: XP box maintainance and lockdown
    ... download latest virus definitions ... Router Configuration ... to obtain protocol, local port, remote port, and IP address needed to ... disable 3rd-party cookies and/or set cookie policy according to ...
    (Security-Basics)
  • AHCI - remove probing of ata2
    ... On the Intel, I've connected an IDE HDD and a CD-RW, no problem. ... port is slow to respond, ... I'm lost in all the JMICRON configuration possibilities in the ... # ACPI Support ...
    (Linux-Kernel)
  • Re: transparent printer with pc
    ... Somewhere in your application configuration file, you must have defined this for each serial tty. ... forwarded port and nc for windows to receive the job at the windows machine and dump it to LPT: on Windows 98. ... S.M. Fabac & Associates ...
    (comp.unix.sco.misc)