Re: Where can I buy Suse 9.2 Cds on the cheap

From: Nico Kadel-Garcia (nkadel_at_comcast.net)
Date: 02/22/05

Date: Tue, 22 Feb 2005 09:01:48 -0500

"Tom F." <furtom@gmail.com> wrote in message
news:1109064628.135732.318650@o13g2000cwo.googlegroups.com...
> >Is there some restriction on selling Suse 9.2 Pro cheaply?
>
> Yes, there is, actually.
>
> SuSE's EULA says you can install the distro as many times as you want
> on anyone's computer and you can give away copies of the original
> media.
>
> It specifically says you cannot receive any form of compensation for
> the copies. A SuSE spokesman has been quoted as saying if you accept a
> donut or car wash for the media you are in technical violation of the
> EULA.
>
> Have you thought about an FTP install?

The public download is not the same as the FTP install. In fact, use the FTP
install instead, it's slightly better.

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Shrink Wrap my EULA ?
    ... >> You may refuse to accept it and the install will be cancelled. ... >>> You have the right to refuse the EULA. ... >>> permits you as a party to the contract to refuse the terms of such. ... >>> you wanted an OEM version that included all the license documentation, ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: Shrink Wrap my EULA ?
    ... > You may refuse to accept it and the install will be cancelled. ... >> You have the right to refuse the EULA. ... >> permits you as a party to the contract to refuse the terms of such. ... and other materials in the OEM package then you need to ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: Windows Genuine Advantage Notifications application
    ... Windows since MS added its One Computer crap in the EULA over 13 years ... I think all this copy-protection crap actually ends up costing ... Then they should sue and prove their point. ... How many machines can the Apple users install on ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: Shrink Wrap my EULA ?
    ... Your right to decline the EULA also occurs during install - that is why we ... You may refuse to accept it and the install will be cancelled. ... > you as a party to the contract to refuse the terms of such. ... and other materials in the OEM package then you need to ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: Personal backup of copy-protected DVDs
    ... multiple machines). ... You may not install that OS on more then one machine ... And if you sell/give it away (also legal despite EULA ... You own the media. ...
    (Debian-User)