Re: Where can I buy Suse 9.2 Cds on the cheap

From: Rick Moen (rick_at_linuxmafia.com)
Date: 02/22/05

Date: Tue, 22 Feb 2005 13:05:48 -0500

[Crosspost snipped from followups.]

In alt.os.linux.suse Tom F. <furtom@gmail.com> wrote:
>>Is there some restriction on selling Suse 9.2 Pro cheaply?
>
> Yes, there is, actually.
>
> SuSE's EULA says you can install the distro as many times as you want
> on anyone's computer and you can give away copies of the original
> media.

Novell / SUSE Linux AG _cannot_ speak, in that regard, for Adobe
Systems, Inc., RealNetworks, Inc, Matrica Informationstechnologien GmbH,
or Opera Software ASA, copyright owners of the included Acrobat Reader,
RealPlayer, Moneyplex, and Opera Web Browser packages. It can speak
only concerning its own code, such as YaST/YaST2.

> It specifically says you cannot receive any form of compensation for
> the copies.

I believe this was the condition placed specifically on _earlier_
releases of YaST/YaST2, prior to its GPLing.