Re: Find Linux OS Brand and Version

From: Jose Maria Lopez Hernandez (jkerouac_at_bgsec.com)
Date: 03/04/05

    Date: Fri, 04 Mar 2005 14:30:27 +0100

    Klist Smith wrote:
    > Given a Linux harddisk, how can I find out the brand and version of the
    > Linux OS installed?
    >
    > Any readme or text file or any command I can use pls?
    > Thanks.

    Try /etc/issue and /etc/isssue.net. That's how the system
    defines itself. But have in mind that it can be forged.

    Regards.

    --
    Jose Maria Lopez Hernandez
    Director Tecnico de bgSEC

    • Re: Find Linux OS Brand and Version
      ... > Given a Linux harddisk, how can I find out the brand and version of the ... bgSEC Seguridad y Consultoria de Sistemas Informaticos ... The only people for me are the mad ones -- the ones who are mad to live, ... the ones who never yawn or say a commonplace thing, but burn, burn, burn ...
      (comp.os.linux.misc)
    • Re: Find Linux OS Brand and Version
      ... > Given a Linux harddisk, how can I find out the brand and version of the ... bgSEC Seguridad y Consultoria de Sistemas Informaticos ... The only people for me are the mad ones -- the ones who are mad to live, ... the ones who never yawn or say a commonplace thing, but burn, burn, burn ...
      (comp.os.linux)
    • Re: Monitoring software question
      ... tells port and protocol connected to and what local pc did ... bgSEC Seguridad y Consultoria de Sistemas Informaticos ... The only people for me are the mad ones -- the ones who are mad to live, ... the ones who never yawn or say a commonplace thing, but burn, burn, burn ...
      (comp.security.firewalls)
    • Re: simple question about ip_forward and NAT routing.
      ... can access the internet. ... bgSEC Seguridad y Consultoria de Sistemas Informaticos ... The only people for me are the mad ones -- the ones who are mad to live, ... the ones who never yawn or say a commonplace thing, but burn, burn, burn ...
      (comp.os.linux.networking)
    • Re: IDS, IPS and encrypted traffic
      ... Some people have had success using an squid proxy with the certificates ... bgSEC Seguridad y Consultoria de Sistemas Informaticos ... The only people for me are the mad ones -- the ones who are mad to live, mad to talk, mad to be saved, desirous of everything at the same time, the ones who never yawn or say a commonplace thing, but burn, burn, burn like fabulous yellow Roman candles. ...
      (Focus-IDS)