Re: install Xandros using VMWare

From: mjt (mjtobler_at_removethis_mail.ru)
Date: 03/04/05

Date: Fri, 4 Mar 2005 07:51:41 -0600

(quentin compson <quentincompson1910atyahoodotcom@nowhere.net>) scribbled:

> i tried to install Xandors Desktop OS Version 3 Open Circulation Edition in
> a VMWare VM to no avail. iso is set up as the cd drive, fine. but when it
> comes to reboot, it just installs again. if i 'unmount' that iso as the
> cd drive, then VMWare complains about a missing OS.

... sounds like you didnt install it. are you using 4.x
or 5.0 of VMWARE? what makes you think xandros was
successfully installed ?

> has anyone successfully installed this version of Xandros using VMWare?

here's Xandros as a guest OS in VMWARE running on SUSE as a host:

http://michaeljtobler.homelinux.com/add-a-printer-on-linux.html

--
<< http://michaeljtobler.homelinux.com (L7 - Stick to the Plan) >>
But I don't like Spam!!!!

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Dual Boot - Ubuntu - XP
    ... Then download the Ubuntu iso. ... the VMware VM. ... Then you boot the VM and it will boot into the Ubuntu ... That's to install Ubuntu to the VM. ...
    (comp.os.linux.misc)
  • Re: nVidia Raid vs Linux Software RAID
    ... doesn't install a package from ISO, and OpenVZ keeps suffering from random memory issues and can't bring up the interfaces! ... I just pointed it at my ISO and now I have Smoothwall 3.0 on the box! ... I ended up switching to virtualbox - which i discovered is a lot better than VMware, ... build another VM Server for fun, and then transfer guests between the two hosts. ...
    (uk.comp.os.linux)
  • Re: Parallels VMWare Performance
    ... I was unable to install vista on my vmware box until i mounted the iso ... Is a lot of RAM required to get the guest OSes ...
    (uk.comp.sys.mac)
  • Re: Installation Problem - f7 vmware
    ... I also tried FC7 as ISO and also as DVD. ... I have downloaded from the mirror the DVD Fedora 7.0 and afterwards I ... I would like to install it in VMWARE. ...
    (Fedora)
  • Re: Web based Access Applications
    ... You can use VMWare or VirtualPC for anything - after all they are virtual machines. ... VPC doesn't support USB peripherals and emulated screen hardware may cause trouble with autodetection of Linux installs but they're good if you want a test platform that does not sully your desktop PC. ... Bob Alston wrote: ...
    (comp.databases.ms-access)