Re: newbie stuck on first Debian install

From: Oscar Dijkhoff (news_at_oehoeboeroe.nl)
Date: 04/01/05

    Date: Fri, 1 Apr 2005 20:15:18 +0200

    Bill, magnate,

    I did have the 2.4 woody kernel and the kernel sources but not the headers.
    I might be interested at some point in compiling a kernel, but my priority
    is to get an apache-server running. So maybe later. I'll make sure to have
    the headers then as well.

    For now I've just downloaded the sarge distro and everything is working
    fine. Thanks a bunch for your good advice. It wouldn't have occured to me to
    install a 'testing' release as a newbie otherwise. Maybe the debian website
    needs some more advice as to which distro newbies should use.

    Cheers,
    Oscar