Re: SATA Raid Controller for Linux

From: at (NsdoO)
Date: 05/11/05

    Date: Wed, 11 May 2005 18:51:30 -0000

    Rudolf Usselmann <russelmann@hotmail.com> wrote:

    > I am considering to build a new Linux (FC3 64) system. I am
    > aiming at the S2895 mother board from Tyan. Unfortunately that
    > board only has two SATA Plugs, so I am thinking of getting a
    > high end RAID (5) controller for PCI-X bus.

         Correction: the 2895 has 2 SATA _CONTROLLERS_, it has 4 SATA
    connectors and supports 4 SATA drives out of the box.

                            Scott

    > I was wondering if anybody had any recommendations for a RAID
    > controller for PCI-X bus. Would be nice to have SATA II support
    > as well. It should be supported under FC3 x86_64 ...

    • Re: No Hard Disk Found
      ... using a different sata port on the mother board. ... No PATA ports, no ps2 ports, etc. ... Now for the BIOS SETTINGS: advanced> drive configuration -- configure SATA as RAID. ...
    • Re: No Hard Disk Found
      ... intel dx58so mother board ... using a different sata port on the mother board. ... bios settings and reset them when non of the changes helped. ...
    • Re: No Hard Disk Found
      ... i dont think all the other stuff matters at this point. ... using a different sata port on the mother board. ... same intel dx58so mother board and i7 setup only thing is I didnt go ...
    • Re: Ide to master and sata to slave..
      ... No problem and you don't have to do a dual boot. ... Your mother board book will ... I have a SATA as master with the OS and a IDE 120 gig and two ...
    • Re: SATA Raid Controller for Linux
      ... >> aiming at the S2895 mother board from Tyan. ... > connectors and supports 4 SATA drives out of the box. ... I sent an email to Tyan tech support, ...
      (comp.os.linux.setup)