486 Laptop

mlehman0_at_gmail.com
Date: 06/03/05

Date: 2 Jun 2005 20:01:14 -0700

I've got an NEC 486 with 8MB RAM. Floppy Drive and a 170 MB HD. Wow
what a pile.

Anyways, I'm pretty familar with Distributions like Debian and RedHat,
but I'm not sure that either of those will install on such little RAM.
I don't want to put any money into it besides maybe a NIC or something.

Now what I want to do with this is (hopefully it's possible):

Install some sort of Linux that supports a WiFi card or NIC.
access the internet, via ssh only.
Be able to read floppies.

I thought for a while that maybe an FDLinux-like distro would be ideal,
but I've never really used it so I wouldn't know. So basically, how
can I get Linux on this thing, and would a wifi card work with it
anyway? (its PCMCIA 2.0 i believe)

Thanks in advance!

Mike