Re: Simple Question

From: Tim Wunder (twunder_at_REMOVEcomcast.net)
Date: 06/09/05

    Date: Thu, 09 Jun 2005 11:10:12 -0400

    RRB wrote:

    > tim wunder wrote:
    <snip>

    >> # apt-get gaim
    >> should do the trick. Then GAIM should appear within the menu structure
    >> of your desktop (be it KDE, GNOME, or other).
    >
    > ehm... apt-get install gaim
    > ----------------^^^^^^^
    >
    > this will work better... :-)

    Doh!
    yeah, that'd work better...

    --
    Fedora Core release 2 (Tettnang), Linux 2.6.12-rc4-mm2
    KDE: 3.4.1-1.0.fc2.kde, xorg-x11-6.8.2-1.FC2.13

    • Re: What Linux distro for old PC?
      ... > to even run KDE and gnome at a decent speed but not with 32mb of RAM. ... > runs Windowmaker as my screenmanager. ... Just compile your own version of gaim. ...
      (alt.linux)
    • RE: Program notifications, GAIM & Thunderbird
      ... Program notifications, GAIM & Thunderbird ... > different in KDE & Gnome or any other window mangaer for that matter, ... I'm currently switching back and forth between KDE ...
      (Debian-User)
    • Strange Gaim Problem in FC3
      ... I don't know what's going on on my workstation at the moment. ... running FC3 and Gnome and was out of my room to eat. ... Now when i came back there was 91 Gaim instances running ... that X or the Gnome desktop was totally freezed. ...
      (Fedora)
    • Re: KDE - Gnome and the unwanted screen saver
      ... > readable fonts. ... > toolbar fonts(and the message in Gaim) are all way too tiny. ... > I found by going into the Gnome control center, I an adjust the fonts for ... > Firefox, Gaim, Pan, Evolution, but then the KDE menu fonts are huge. ...
      (alt.os.linux.suse)
    • Re: Kopete 8.0beta
      ... Xanadu wrote: ... > yes, gaim would probably work. ... > KDE fanatic as well, so that one is a bit last on my list. ... > personally trying to figure out why kopete 8.* won't compile on my box ...
      (alt.os.linux)