About the Linux Redhat 8.0 CPU Cache

From: QuangLe (quangle9_at_gmail.com)
Date: 06/12/05

Date: 12 Jun 2005 11:09:40 -0700

Hi! Sorry, I am not good on the linux set up. Anyway, I just upgrade
the server intel xeon from 3.2 ghz 512kbytes cache to 3.2 ghz 2MB
cache. I re-format and install redhat 8.0 again, but any how, I did not
see any different between between 5.12kbytes cache and 2MB cache. I
just check the CPU info and see it shows only 512 kbytes cache. So, how
I make the Redhat to support 2MB cache?? I check the BIOS and it shows
that:

L2 512 Kbytes cache
L3 2 Mbytes cache

So, any help would very appreciated.

Thanks!
QuangLe

processor : 0
vendor_id : GenuineIntel
cpu family : 15
model : 2
model name : Intel(R) Xeon(TM) CPU 3.20GHz
stepping : 5
cpu MHz : 3189.797
cache size : 512 KB
physical id : 0
siblings : 2
fdiv_bug : no
hlt_bug : no
f00f_bug : no
coma_bug : no
fpu : yes
fpu_exception : yes
cpuid level : 2
wp : yes
flags : fpu vme de pse tsc msr pae mce cx8 apic sep mtrr pge mca cmov
pat pse36 clflush dts acpi mmx fxsr sse sse2 ss ht tm
bogomips : 6370.09

processor : 1
vendor_id : GenuineIntel
cpu family : 15
model : 2
model name : Intel(R) Xeon(TM) CPU 3.20GHz
stepping : 5
cpu MHz : 3189.797
cache size : 512 KB
physical id : 0
siblings : 2
fdiv_bug : no
hlt_bug : no
f00f_bug : no
coma_bug : no
fpu : yes
fpu_exception : yes
cpuid level : 2
wp : yes
flags : fpu vme de pse tsc msr pae mce cx8 apic sep mtrr pge mca cmov
pat pse36 clflush dts acpi mmx fxsr sse sse2 ss ht tm
bogomips : 6370.09

processor : 2
vendor_id : GenuineIntel
cpu family : 15
model : 2
model name : Intel(R) Xeon(TM) CPU 3.20GHz
stepping : 5
cpu MHz : 3189.797
cache size : 512 KB
physical id : 3
siblings : 2
fdiv_bug : no
hlt_bug : no
f00f_bug : no
coma_bug : no
fpu : yes
fpu_exception : yes
cpuid level : 2
wp : yes
flags : fpu vme de pse tsc msr pae mce cx8 apic sep mtrr pge mca cmov
pat pse36 clflush dts acpi mmx fxsr sse sse2 ss ht tm
bogomips : 6370.09

processor : 3
vendor_id : GenuineIntel
cpu family : 15
model : 2
model name : Intel(R) Xeon(TM) CPU 3.20GHz
stepping : 5
cpu MHz : 3189.797
cache size : 512 KB
physical id : 3
siblings : 2
fdiv_bug : no
hlt_bug : no
f00f_bug : no
coma_bug : no
fpu : yes
fpu_exception : yes
cpuid level : 2
wp : yes
flags : fpu vme de pse tsc msr pae mce cx8 apic sep mtrr pge mca cmov
pat pse36 clflush dts acpi mmx fxsr sse sse2 ss ht tm
bogomips : 6370.09

Relevant Pages