minimal install on dual boot

morphis_at_niuhep.physics.niu.edu
Date: 07/13/05

Date: 13 Jul 2005 13:39:52 -0700

Hullo,
  I have an old 200MHz AMD machine with 32 MBytes. It currently
boots win98se off a scsi disk. It also has a 512 MB IDE disk that
I've cleaned off and I would like to install linux mostly to do
C/C++ and maybe some Java (not for web apps). I come from VMS so
I'm perfectly happy without X-windows.

  I would like some suggestions for distributions that would be
good for this and any pointers on the specifics of such an
installation. I've done Red Hat and Fedora Core installations
(as well as a Tru64 installation a looong time ago).

  I am generally planning on booting grub on the IDE and dual
booting from there.

Thanks for any help you can give,
Robert Morphis