HELP WITH FTP

From: clark (clark_at_ynot.net)
Date: 08/03/05

Date: Wed, 03 Aug 2005 10:32:33 -0400

I'm a newbie to Linux and looking for some friendly advice.
I would like to setup FTP on Linux. (FEDORA)

My question is how can i set up FTP with just virtual users instead of
creating system users for everybody that I want to have FTP in?

Also is there any recommended software that can do what I describe and
is very easy to use for a newbie?

Does it have a GUI?

I would also like the virtual users that log in via FTP to only have
access to 1 directory that I specify. Nothing else. They should not
be able to browse outside their directory, but can have read + write
to their own.

Help!

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Linux, best distro
    ... I am lokking for the best Linux distribution for a newbie. ... People still use FTP? ... and IMHO it has too many bugs for a newbie. ... Remember that you only install a system once, ...
    (comp.os.linux.misc)
  • Re: Linux, best distro
    ... I am lokking for the best Linux distribution for a newbie. ... People still use FTP? ... and IMHO it has too many bugs for a newbie. ... Remember that you only install a system once, ...
    (alt.os.linux)
  • Re: Penis-Waving Goats (Planned Weekend Gaming 30/06/06)
    ... CD to ghost my linux disk across the network. ... I then had to set up a FTP server on my XP box to allow g4l to store the ... Then I had to write zeros into the empty space on my linux hard disk to ... between drives and partitions, and these days ext3 copes quite happily ...
    (uk.games.video.misc)
  • Re: File transfer between Linux/Windows WITHOUT Samba, preserved date AND time a must!
    ... >> Hello Linux friends, ... I discovered the hard way that Samba will only ... >> operating as a headless file server. ... A good FTP client will preserve the date and time ...
    (alt.linux)
  • Re: Conversion of text files DOS <---> Linux
    ... Put the CD into dos box; ran ftp. ... Transferred a few CD directories to Linux. ... Transferred *back* from Linux (ASCII again) to target dos directory. ...
    (alt.os.linux.suse)