Changing from GNOME to KDE

From: Timothy Scott Mathews (nospam_at_nospam.ca)
Date: 08/21/05

Date: Sun, 21 Aug 2005 12:21:34 -0300

I just started using Linux (SuSe Pro 9.3 with the GNOME desktop) and I
want to chage to the KDE desktop. Unable to find anything about changing,
I tried installind KDE and then did the update. The closing prompt was to
reboot the system and I assumed this would load the new/changed desktop
but nothing had changed and I can't find anything about how to get my
system to start with KDE rather than GNOME. Surely I don't have to do a
complete reinstallation of the entire Linux OS, do I? Any help would be
appreciated.

Thanks,
Tim

Relevant Pages

  • Re: [kde] Sound Problem
    ... Well, it would have helped had you told us what version of kde4, what OS ... and Linux of course), what distribution if Linux, what release of that OS/ ... of sound extends to the gnome desktop as well (and that you apparently ... google, according to the headers on your mail, hey, maybe kde and gnome ...
    (KDE)
  • Idiot Newbie Question
    ... I installed Suse 10.0 on an aging PC to teach myself Linux, ... made a dumb mistake. ... After setting it up with the Gnome desktop, ... can select KDE. ...
    (alt.os.linux.suse)
  • Re: [kde] Why KDE4 is called KDE?
    ... is really limiting the growth of Linux. ... Happens all the time and I see a fork coming in KDE. ... KDE developers will go. ... nVidia isn't holding only nVidia lickspittles ...
    (KDE)
  • Re: [OT] Two Kinds of Linux Runners
    ... Apprentices take and masters give. ... they will strive to keep the vast majority of Linux ... That's not Linux, it is Windows/Mac. ... KDE caters to such people. ...
    (comp.os.linux.setup)
  • Re: Greetings / Newbie questions
    ... Please, don't jump on the "Linux is the be-all, end-all OS and is ... I am having a bit of trouble deciding which to use: Gnome or KDE. ... >I have found that alot of things need to be done as root. ...
    (alt.os.linux.redhat)