Re: Download and Install Thunderbird (newbie question)

From: Andy Fraser (andyfraser31_at_hotmail.com)
Date: 09/12/05

Date: Mon, 12 Sep 2005 16:06:13 +0100

In comp.os.linux.setup, gordon uttered the immortal words:

> I'm using 5.04 myself at home and Tbird was installed by default -
> Evolution nowhere to be seen! :-)

This is getting weird. I just put a handy Ubuntu 5.04 CD (one of the free
ones I ordered from the Ubuntu site) into my CD drive and looked at the
ubuntu-desktop package. Evolution's listed as a dependency but Thunderbird
isn't which I think explains why I got Evolution rather than Thunderbird
but not why you got it the other way around.

Thunderbird is actually on the CD though so that might help the OP. :-)

--
Andy.

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Running Ubuntu on Lenovo Laptops
    ... Thunderbird and Microsoft office. ... Presumably the Ubuntu installation will overwrite both these partitions and format them as a single partion. ... Should you run into any problems with folder unread counts being incorrect, you'll have to go through the affected folders, mark items so that the unread count is correct again, then go to the 'File' menu and select 'Compact Folders' to force those changes to save to disk, or the problem will reoccur. ...
    (Ubuntu)
  • =?utf-8?B?Rnc6IHVidW50dS11c2VycyBEaWdlc3QsIFZvbCA2NSwgSXNzdWUgMzA3?=
    ... hard disk drive resetting problem ... have with their hard disk drives resetting far more frequently than they ... support ubuntu with some dsl servers .number to modem easier ... I get a listing of the directory including run-mozilla.sh, thunderbird & ...
    (Ubuntu)
  • [Full-disclosure] [USN-998-1] Thunderbird vulnerabilities
    ... A security issue affects the following Ubuntu releases: ... Ubuntu 10.04 LTS ... After a standard system update you need to restart Thunderbird to make all ... i386 architecture: ...
    (Full-Disclosure)
  • [USN-998-1] Thunderbird vulnerabilities
    ... A security issue affects the following Ubuntu releases: ... Ubuntu 10.04 LTS ... After a standard system update you need to restart Thunderbird to make all ... i386 architecture: ...
    (Bugtraq)
  • [Full-disclosure] [USN-629-1] Thunderbird vulnerabilities
    ... A security issue affects the following Ubuntu releases: ... Ubuntu 6.06 LTS ... After a standard system upgrade you need to restart Thunderbird to ... i386 architecture: ...
    (Full-Disclosure)