Re: Download and Install Thunderbird (newbie question)

From: Andy Fraser (andyfraser31_at_hotmail.com)
Date: 09/12/05

Date: Mon, 12 Sep 2005 16:06:13 +0100

In comp.os.linux.setup, gordon uttered the immortal words:

> I'm using 5.04 myself at home and Tbird was installed by default -
> Evolution nowhere to be seen! :-)

This is getting weird. I just put a handy Ubuntu 5.04 CD (one of the free
ones I ordered from the Ubuntu site) into my CD drive and looked at the
ubuntu-desktop package. Evolution's listed as a dependency but Thunderbird
isn't which I think explains why I got Evolution rather than Thunderbird
but not why you got it the other way around.

Thunderbird is actually on the CD though so that might help the OP. :-)

--
Andy.