Re: [printer] Samsung CLP 510 configuration

From: Neil T. Dantam (ndantam_at_purdue.edu)
Date: 10/02/05

Date: Sun, 02 Oct 2005 13:06:37 -0500

iuz wrote:
> i've just bought a Samsung CLP 510 printer but i'm unable to correctly
> configure it for 1200dpi printings (no problem with 600dpi).
>
> i've tried to edit the ppd ...

That's probably a very bad idea unless you know damn well what you're
doing.

> ...file adding one line with the 1200dpi resolution
> option but the printer return a page like that ->
>
> ***
> SPL-C ERROR - Insufficient Memory
>
> POSITION : 0xae3d133 (182702387)
>
> SYSTEM : eHeapTemp
>
> LINE : 160768
>
> VERSION : SPL-C 1.28 09-15-2004
> ***
>
> someone have already had the same problem?
> what can i do to resolve it?

Check out http://linuxprinting.org.

I've had good luck using the cups web interface to configure printers.
Assuming you have the permissions set right in /etc/cups/cupsd.conf,
then you can get to it at http://localhost:631. You should be able to
change all the available options there. If you need to edit cupsd.conf,
the syntax is somewhat similar to that for apache, so you'll need a
couple sections along the lines of:

<Location />
        Order Deny,Allow
        Deny From All
        Allow From 127.0.0.1
</Location>

<Location /admin>
        AuthType Basic
        AuthClass System
        ## Restrict access to local domain
        Order Deny,Allow
        Deny From All
        Allow From 127.0.0.1
</Location>

If you still get an out of memory error after increasing the DPI in the
web interface, you may need more printer memory.

Neil

Relevant Pages

  • RE: Working with Sharepoint databases
    ... > I can also delete the three related rows in the docs table and have ... > it through the web interface, I can't - as the form sees that it's ... > I can't find any reference to the actual image file or it's ID in any ... so I can't work out what else I need to edit to ...
  • Working with Sharepoint databases
    ... I can also delete the three related rows in the docs table and have ... it through the web interface, I can't - as the form sees that it's ... I can't find any reference to the actual image file or it's ID in any ... so I can't work out what else I need to edit to ...
  • Check Out and Read Only Issues
    ... When I check out a file using the web interface then open it into my editer, ... I do get asked for a password, but I can download files or ... if I do go in via the exchange interface and check out a ... If I edit the checked out and downloaded document, when I want to save it ...
  • Re: Searching this forum
    ... Are you using Web Interface or Outlook Express? ... or Edit Find Menu to Search in From To Subj or Message text. ... Also Google will search all forums. ... > Steve F's Profile: http://www.msusenet.com/member.php?userid=1718 ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)