linux install on sony laptop

From: GIJoe (biold0_at_bayou.uh.edu)
Date: 10/04/05

Date: 4 Oct 2005 09:47:29 -0700

I'm trying to install Mandrake linux on a Sony Laptop, which does not
have a removable media drive. So after I put the laptop on a docking
station, put the cd in, turn the laptop on, the screens reads "USB
device detected" and then "no cd-rom found". Anyone knows how I should
go about this? Thanks in advance.

Joe

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Which linux for a newb?
    ... doesn't work in the docking station either. ... Without going into any research on your particular laptop, ... The installer recognized ...
    (alt.os.linux)
  • Re: linux install on sony laptop
    ... On 10/04/05 18:47, GIJoe wrote: ... > I'm trying to install Mandrake linux on a Sony Laptop, ... So after I put the laptop on a docking ...
    (comp.os.linux.setup)
  • Re: Which linux for a newb?
    ... doesn't work in the docking station either. ... Without going into any research on your particular laptop, ... or a proper Xfree config for my docking station working in ubuntu. ...
    (alt.os.linux)
  • Re: 1K572 (P/N) Port Replicator/Docking Station?
    ... ps. your style of dock mated with a connector on the rear edge of the ... that is on the bottom of the laptop. ... possibility of having a large desktop monitor that sits on top of the dock ... a line that details docking options. ...
    (alt.sys.pc-clone.dell)
  • Re: laptop will not turn on at all
    ... I've had some problems with my laptop regarding this, maybe when in docking ... station. ... Really strange. ...
    (sci.med.transcription)