Grub installation (fd0 to hd0)

From: Rob Keel (robkeel_at_[removethis)
Date: 10/15/05

Date: Sat, 15 Oct 2005 11:59:31 +0000 (UTC)

Hi,

Downloaded Breezy 5.10 and the install went well without any problems.

I decided to install Grub to a /dev/fd0 but now I want to install it to
MBR on hd0.

Being new to Linux, I don't have much of an idea where to begin. Can
someone please explain how to go about doing this?

Many thanks for your time.

--
Rob Keel.

Relevant Pages

  • Re: GRUB or LILO on NTFS?
    ... I have a PC laptop that has a single NTFS partition, ... install GRUB or LILO. ... My goal is to boot into the OS on the NTFS ... install GRUB if you have an available e2fs or fat partition for /boot/ ...
    (comp.os.linux.setup)
  • Re: [opensuse] move SuSE from one harddisk to another
    ... naturally I prefer using the new and fast harddisk for '/' and use the ... 'rsync -ravxD' to move all data from old '/' to the new partition on new ... install grub). ...
    (SuSE)
  • Re: Cant get GRUB installed.
    ... Your bios will be set to boot a particular drive, ... Windows came up because it hit this drive and the boot strap/sector was still Windows, ... there has to be a reason why fedora won't install grub on this machine. ...
    (Fedora)
  • Re: Grub cannot fit into boot record
    ... What am I going to do when Wheezy becomes stable. ... The disk is under 2TB, ... Did you try to install grub on all ... where "your_disk" is the device you want to install grub to ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Lenny + Dell PE 2970
    ... I'm trying to install Lenny on a Dell Power Edge 2970 with little success. ... I've tried continuing without loading grub and tried to install grub from the rescue mode. ... Mar 19 20:45:07 grub-installer: Searching for GRUB installation directory ... ... To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx with a subject of "unsubscribe". ...
    (Debian-User)