Re: A Question About A Pair Of Missing Files In My Linux OS

From: mst (mstg_at_linuxMYSHOESmail.org)
Date: 11/12/05

Date: Sat, 12 Nov 2005 08:50:39 -0600

On Sat, 12 Nov 2005 09:03:02 -0500 "Nico Kadel-Garcia" <nkadel@comcast.net> wrote:

> Ahh. Welcome to how much AutoYast sucks, and I wildly encourage you to
> install the "fou4s" program that can be told to go look at multiple software
> repositories and try to work out dependencies. Also, you copy of Tux Typing
> may have been compiled on an older distribution:

Not for me. One of my boys loves TuxTyping, so I got
the 9.3 RPM (since 10.0 doesnt have it) and selected
it through Konq, and since I have a couple of source
servers setup in Yast, Yast automagically installed
those two other libs.

--
remove MYSHOES to email

Relevant Pages

  • RFC: remove CONFIG_EXPERIMENTAL
    ... dependencies on EXPERIMENTAL because they are pointless. ... distribution on his computer only because the distribution did choose ... is our NFSv4 support really still in an ... There had been need of rain for many days. ...
    (Linux-Kernel)
  • Re: OFT say you have our attention on M$
    ... >> But the problem still comes down to installing programs. ... Can a program not include all dependencies required? ... > information, I believe, and APT knows how to get them from repositories. ... as the package is seen to have MIME type application/x-debian-package. ...
    (uk.comp.os.linux)
  • Re: Commercial Distribution?
    ... > based on FreeBSD makes more sense for us. ... > to our customers which installs our own customized FreeBSD environment, ... includes all of the dependencies to run your proprietary software. ... you include or remove from your particular distribution. ...
    (freebsd-questions)
  • Re: Ant considered harmful was Re: JSP still relevant
    ... Ii is probably not an option but if you like your shell scripts, cygwin on windows will probably run them. ... It probably wouldn't go down well with the customer. ... My experience with Maven has not been good, but that's mostly to do with it being incredibly broken at downloading things from repositories: if you have multiple dependencies and multiple repositories configured, but where not all repositories have all the dependencies, then when it asks a repository for a dependency it doesn't have, it just happily downloads the 404 error page and tries to use that, which if course is unsuccessful. ...
    (comp.lang.java.programmer)
  • Re: [opensuse] Re: replacing qpopper with dovecot
    ... You are complaining that qpopper is not in the main openSuse distribution. ... That it is one of the other repositories at download.opensuse doesn't ... Well many of us take the time out to install the KDE * KDE_Extra ... That its still available from sourceforge doesn't matter to you. ...
    (SuSE)