Re: Is it possible to forward broadcast packets between different subnets without using brdge ?!

In message <dmvqfp$46k$1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
"SatSpy" <vkwireless@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Netbios, games, etc....
>
> For example , if I create game on 192.168.1.x subnet, I want that game to be
> visible in ingame lan browser on the other subnets too ( 192.168.2.x, etc ).
> That's the case when game does not have option to connect to IP address
> directly ( Battlefield2 for example in offline mode ).

If you have control over the subnets, make them into one.

192.168.1.0 and 192.168.2.0 are only different networks if the subnet mask
is 255.255.0.0.

If you make the mask 255.255.255.0 they become part of one network. The
broadcasts them pass between all systems.

You do have to alter the mask on every connected interface. (Or if you know
exactly what you are doing, it is possible to use different masks in
different places, but debugging problems gets VERY interesting. For example
some routing protocols ca cope, some can't.)

--
Alan Adams
alan.adams@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx