Re: Samba and SELinux

On Sun, 08 Jan 2006 19:06:31 +0100, Nico Kadel-Garcia <nkadel@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Yeah. The one thing LILO had that grub doen't, is the "-D" and "-R" options
to reset the default boot kernel and set a one-time only reboot. That trick
is very, very useful for testing kernels: you can set the default to be the
old kernel, do a one-time only with the new kernel, and simply re-run "lilo"
if the new kernel works, and everything is golden with the new kernel.

Grub has nothing like it, near as I can tell.

I whish it had, because when I occasionally need to go back and forth between Windows and Linux, I tend to go away while the computer boots, and come late to pick the non-default. Being able to say in the reboot command "reboot into Windows" would be a pain relief.

-Enrique

  • Re:SOLVVED vinum crashes the Box... WRONG POSTING
    ... vinum crashes the Box by using more then ten disks on ... > With this configuration vinum crashes the Machine with this Message: ... > I'm going to enable the kernel debugger now... ... >> while devfs rules works for those, but they vanish on reboot. ...
    (freebsd-stable)
  • SUMMARY: device database locked by cluster member
    ... A reboot did clear up the problem. ... kernel, probably one of the interactions between the ... and get a crash dump (or how to force a panic, ... > Cluster shared component has no entry in the cluster database. ...
    (Tru64-UNIX-Managers)
  • instant reboot when trying to load recent RELENG_5 kernel
    ... but it still happens on a kernel compiled with CPUTYPE ... instantly reboot with ACPI enabled. ... port ... can't assign resources ...
    (freebsd-current)
  • Re: Microsoft Internet Explorer Malformed HTML Parsing Denial of Service Vulnerability
    ... it would be too complicated to implement, so we better restart the whole ... NEVER have to reboot... ... I meant kernel services from a system view, ... Some probably are small design errors and some probably are deep structural ...
    (alt.computer.security)
  • Re: kernel BUG at mm/filemap.c:332!
    ... Beeing just several hundred entries I know that I have at least one more ... kernel with lilo. ... doing something which also stuck in D state) so I had to reboot it "hard". ... > tell Nathan more about the filesystem setup (block size, ...
    (Linux-Kernel)