Re: Samba and SELinux

On Sun, 08 Jan 2006 19:06:31 +0100, Nico Kadel-Garcia <nkadel@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Yeah. The one thing LILO had that grub doen't, is the "-D" and "-R" options
to reset the default boot kernel and set a one-time only reboot. That trick
is very, very useful for testing kernels: you can set the default to be the
old kernel, do a one-time only with the new kernel, and simply re-run "lilo"
if the new kernel works, and everything is golden with the new kernel.

Grub has nothing like it, near as I can tell.

I whish it had, because when I occasionally need to go back and forth between Windows and Linux, I tend to go away while the computer boots, and come late to pick the non-default. Being able to say in the reboot command "reboot into Windows" would be a pain relief.

-Enrique
.