Re: Linux 2.4.x - reduce size of /lib libraries in ramdisk

Thanks for your reply.

Can you advise how I can:

1. Strip the shared libraries?
2. Configure the xconfig to use static linking of executables so that I
can remove all shared libraries? How do I change the Makefile to use
dietlibc?
3. Where can I find a sized optimized busybox?

Your input is much appreciated.

Thanks

  • Re: Files Stored on NTFS
    ... I can't switch between windows, no music plays, etc. CPU usage is at ... When you load a program, your kernel loads another program to actually ... shared libraries, all programs will have code in them that, for example, ... dynamically linked executables named ".ident", ...
    (alt.os.linux)
  • Re: Files Stored on NTFS
    ... I can't switch between windows, no music plays, etc. CPU usage is at ... shared libraries, all programs will have code in them that, for example, ... dynamically linked executables named ".ident", ... among other things) Linux executable use ...
    (alt.os.linux)
  • Re: Files Stored on NTFS
    ... You can say your Windows box hasn't done that, but do you know how many have? ... Except for statically-linked programs, which use no shared libraries, all programs will have code in them that, for example, calls a function in a shared library. ... The program that does this fixing up is called "ld.so", and on Linux, it exists as ... Because executables are broken into sections, and there's a section in dynamically linked executables named ".ident", which contains just one thing: ...
    (alt.os.linux)
  • Re: [patch] mmap() MAP_TEXT implementation (to use for shared libraries)
    ... Note that this is not a problem for executables, ... PROT_EXEC mappings that used O_EXEC and mmap'ing an O_EXEC fd could enable ... you think that will be acceptable to set +x permission to shared ... Shared libraries have +x by default already. ...
    (freebsd-current)
  • Re: Installing a Patch Cluster
    ... you can install patch clusters in multiuser mode with no ... This is particularly relevant for executables and shared libraries. ... >well call some library which is not already memory resident. ...
    (comp.unix.solaris)