Re: httpd config issue with documentroot

Alan > In message <43DEE139.2050607@xxxxxxxxx>
"Roger N. Clark (change username to rnclark)" <username@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

What do the error logs in /var/log/httpd/ say about it?

error_log:
File does not exist: /var/www/html/index.html/

Well? What's the problem?

The system adds the trailing / and says file does not exist.
If I delete the / in the url and hit return, the system
adds back the / and gives the error. If I delete
the index.html/ so it just reads something like
"http://www.aserver.com"; it works fine and reads the index.html
file in the /var/www/html/ directory. But enter the url:
"http://www.aserver.com/index.html"; and it fails giving the
above error message. For the case "http://www.aserver.com";
I can make unique changes to the index.html file and it reads
and displays them just fine. So there is not a permission
issue.

Problem solved!

It was not a server problem at all, but a mozilla problem
with its cache. I was working at a location that had intermittent
web access. Apparently when the net went down at certain points,
the data in the cache was not right. When I went back to that
page, which in one case happened to be the home directory,
it failed to load the page. How it got the trailing / in the url
I can't figure out. When I cleared the cache, the problem went away.

Roger

  • Re: DIRCACHE hit rate.
    ... if these hit rates would improve simply by upgrading. ... I have work extensively with disk cache tuning over the past 25 years. ... header higher than index. ...
    (comp.os.vms)
  • Re: Images not cached at subdomain URL
    ... you may receive the follow error message: ... Open the web site in Internet Explorer on a machine ... > does not cache any images at all when the subdomain URL is called ... > the images are cached normally. ...
  • Re: performance issues
    ... >reformatting twice, ... >running that has not dumped memory and released cache (or ... This is often DEL, and if you hit ... sure that CPU Level 1 Cache and CPU Level 2 Cache are enabled. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: [Info-Ingres] [openroad-users] Performance problems when table page size increased from
    ... Get your DBA to run a tracepoint DM420 to see how each cache is performing. ... I try to aim for>95% cache hit ratio but with very large table scans it is ... You will get a better response to Ingres DBA type questions at the community ...
    (comp.databases.ingres)
  • Re: UnLocker and secure removing of USB peripherals
    ... the error message. ... Somehow the system had remained stuck ... in write back cacheing despite the alternative being ... cache hadn't been flushed). ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)