Re: httpd config issue with documentroot

Alan > In message <43DEE139.2050607@xxxxxxxxx>
"Roger N. Clark (change username to rnclark)" <username@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

What do the error logs in /var/log/httpd/ say about it?

error_log:
File does not exist: /var/www/html/index.html/

Well? What's the problem?

The system adds the trailing / and says file does not exist.
If I delete the / in the url and hit return, the system
adds back the / and gives the error. If I delete
the index.html/ so it just reads something like
"http://www.aserver.com"; it works fine and reads the index.html
file in the /var/www/html/ directory. But enter the url:
"http://www.aserver.com/index.html"; and it fails giving the
above error message. For the case "http://www.aserver.com";
I can make unique changes to the index.html file and it reads
and displays them just fine. So there is not a permission
issue.

Problem solved!

It was not a server problem at all, but a mozilla problem
with its cache. I was working at a location that had intermittent
web access. Apparently when the net went down at certain points,
the data in the cache was not right. When I went back to that
page, which in one case happened to be the home directory,
it failed to load the page. How it got the trailing / in the url
I can't figure out. When I cleared the cache, the problem went away.

Roger
.