Re: Two questions - video driver and adding a new compiler to path...

"Nicholas DePetrillo" <nick_usenet@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
On Fri, 03 Feb 2006 07:28:36 -0800, Ash wrote:

2.) I also went ahead and installed a evaluation version of a fortran
compiler and it did install. However, when i do :

bash~] which ifort,
it does not find it. Is there some configuration file or environment
variable i need to set. I tried to look for a .bash_profile file where
i could add such options - but didn't find any.

Any input on this would also greatly help.

thanks...

Maybe I can help you with question 2. Or at least offer a suggestion.

If you want a Fortran compiler, there is f2c, a fortran to C
converter or you just use the fortran compiler that is part of GCC. The
GCC Fortran compiler is g77. Maybe this is what your looking for or maybe
you need the evaluation (commercial?) compiler. Hopefully
someone else who knows more about Fortran than I do can help.

g77 is basically a wrapper around f2c, or was the last time I looked at it.

  • Re: standard conforming or not ?
    ... standard right now to give the citations. ... standard specifically mentions the case that a Fortran compiler can be ... Or the companion procesor could be some other Fortran compiler - perhaps ... Fortran compiler can count as its own companion processor means that the ...
    (comp.lang.fortran)
  • Re: ISO_C_BINDING and arrays, optional arguments, etc.
    ... the C compiler considers zero to ... Fortran compiler that it's a LOGICALvariable may encounter ... reading an _Bool value as an INTEGER ...
    (comp.lang.fortran)
  • Re: The importance of not being explicit
    ... NAG Fortran Compiler: Release 5.2 ... Evaluation trial version of NAG Fortran Compiler Release 5.2 ... subroutine mysub ...     subroutine subr ...
    (comp.lang.fortran)
  • Re: Two questions - video driver and adding a new compiler to path...
    ... Is there some configuration file or environment ... If you want a Fortran compiler, there is f2c, a fortran to C ... GCC Fortran compiler is g77. ...
    (comp.os.linux.setup)
  • Re: what to buy now?
    ... The problem is that if you buy a commercial Fortran compiler it will ... I use CVF 6.0 on Microsoft 98 and 2000 systems which are ... This is the only way Fortran programmers can hope to have any future. ...
    (comp.lang.fortran)