Re: Installation problems with PCLinuxOS

Tim Downie wrote:
imotgm wrote:

What does /etc/inittab look like? Might as well post /etc/fstab too.
Also, post the output of "fdisk -l /dev/sda" (without the quotes).

There you have me. I don't have a clue (yet) how to access these.

The various system binaries are in /sbin and /usr/sbin. Most distributions,
by default, do not put those commands in every user's PATH, but put them in
for root users only. I think this is cockamamie, and tend to edit the
weirdness in /etc/profile to set them for everyone.

But the command is usually "/sbin/fdisk -l" to get the partition information
for all the hard drives, and "/sbin/fdisk -l /dev/hda" for the hda hard
drive, etc.

.