Re: run a perl script during system boot

On Mon, 27 Feb 2006 05:10:42 -0500, "Nico Kadel-Garcia" <nkadel@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

chinzi wrote:
hey ..
how do i run a perl script at system boot???

Usually by creating an init script in /etc/rc.d/init.d or wherever your
system puts its init scripts, and running it at certain levels by default.

Please, not perl boot script ... why? If it is post-boot try rc.local, or
whatever, called after all boot scripts complete.

Grant.
--
.... The computer scientist, who had listened to all of this said,
"Yes, but where do you think the chaos came from?"

  • [NEWS] IBM Informix Web DataBlade Local Root by Design
    ... The following security advisory is sent to the securiteam mailing list, and can be found at the SecuriTeam web site: http://www.securiteam.com ... that ease development of "intelligent", interactive, Web-enabled database ... person who has access to change the Perl script. ...
    (Securiteam)
  • my perl script for ripping mp3s...aka MP3scRIPt
    ... This is a Perl script to convert audio cd tracks to mp3s. ... Possibly root privs to access the cdrom device ... - this is mainly a problem on 'variety cds', mp3 files suffering from this ill ...
    (comp.unix.bsd.freebsd.misc)
  • Re: Perl script to mimic uniq
    ... mdfoster44@netscape.net spits TOFU in my face: ... > # Perl script to find most common CS ... > So I'm back to my original script which looks like this. ... > identify a sequence as unique. ...
    (comp.lang.perl)
  • Re: Slow Performance When Using DBI, otherwise Not
    ... If I run the same perl script on the database server itself it runs ... check versions of DBI and DBD (I greped for version on every module under ...
    (perl.dbi.users)
  • Re: Linux - Programm als root absichern
    ... > ich habe ein Programm welches die konfiguration eines ... Diesses Programm hat einen schlecht abgesicherten ... > als LoginShell für einen user mit UID 0 das PERL Script hat. ...
    (de.comp.security.misc)