Re: run a perl script during system boot

On Mon, 27 Feb 2006 05:10:42 -0500, "Nico Kadel-Garcia" <nkadel@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

chinzi wrote:
hey ..
how do i run a perl script at system boot???

Usually by creating an init script in /etc/rc.d/init.d or wherever your
system puts its init scripts, and running it at certain levels by default.

Please, not perl boot script ... why? If it is post-boot try rc.local, or
whatever, called after all boot scripts complete.

.... The computer scientist, who had listened to all of this said,
"Yes, but where do you think the chaos came from?"

Relevant Pages

  • [NEWS] IBM Informix Web DataBlade Local Root by Design
    ... The following security advisory is sent to the securiteam mailing list, and can be found at the SecuriTeam web site: ... that ease development of "intelligent", interactive, Web-enabled database ... person who has access to change the Perl script. ...
  • my perl script for ripping mp3s...aka MP3scRIPt
    ... This is a Perl script to convert audio cd tracks to mp3s. ... Possibly root privs to access the cdrom device ... - this is mainly a problem on 'variety cds', mp3 files suffering from this ill ...
  • Re: Perl script to mimic uniq
    ... spits TOFU in my face: ... > # Perl script to find most common CS ... > So I'm back to my original script which looks like this. ... > identify a sequence as unique. ...
  • Re: Slow Performance When Using DBI, otherwise Not
    ... If I run the same perl script on the database server itself it runs ... check versions of DBI and DBD (I greped for version on every module under ...
  • Re: Linux - Programm als root absichern
    ... > ich habe ein Programm welches die konfiguration eines ... Diesses Programm hat einen schlecht abgesicherten ... > als LoginShell für einen user mit UID 0 das PERL Script hat. ...