Re: compatibilitity between Redhat 9 and Fedora core

On Mon, 10 Apr 2006 14:51:40 -0400, Mark
<none_not@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

We have Fedora Core 4 at our lab but we're getting a binary
only copy of a software tool that was compiled on RedHat 9.
What can be done to allow the old RH 9 application to run
on the newer FC4 hosts? I'm wondering if there's some kind
of compatibility mode or package available that could be installed?
Installing RH9 on another PC isn't an attractive option,

It might just work, or it might need older versions of libraries. Try ldd.

--
BOFH excuse #435:
Internet shut down due to maintenance