Re: How to find active grub.conf

"edgefree" <songbd@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:1145849080.589891.306050@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hi all,

I ran into a problem.

On my disk, I installed several distributions, like FC, Debian, SuSE
and etc. In order to remain them completement, I installed them all,
including grub. I installed grub.conf on each partition. That means
each time the installer refresh MBR grub stage1 data to point newer
place.

After several installtion, I hardly find which the active grub.conf is?
It is boring thing to check them one by one.

I guess there are method which can find active grub.conf easily. Would
you mind share your experience with us?

BTW, someone may say install all grub.conf on fixed place. However, we
are not planning to do like this. :)

Thank you in advance!

Add a comment in the displayed boot configurations line of your different
grub.conf files, referring to the distribution it's from.

  • Re: installation failed
    ... distributions get usually quite to fast EOL for serious usage. ... what "fdisk -l" says so that you're not actually using the installer ... your particular Windows software doesn't support burning ISO images, ...
    (comp.os.linux.setup)
  • Re: installation failed
    ... distributions get usually quite to fast EOL for serious usage. ... installer in the process of trying to debug it? ... If you take a close look "nix" is the name of the ... you asked him to make a Knoppix CD and use it to debug "nix" his ...
    (comp.os.linux.setup)
  • Re: Creation of a Software Installation Package which can be installed on all Linux Distributions
    ... The creation of RPM or Debian files are not difficult to ... The installer I'm developing for our game comes as a self ... package management system: Within the installer there are bogus ... packages (RPMs for the different RPM based distributions, ...
    (comp.os.linux.development.apps)
  • Re: Server optimized distro
    ... > and no graphical configuration tools. ... Where other distributions tried ... Because of this, Slackware is only recommended ... A lot of people bitch about a text installer - but what's the difference ...
    (alt.os.linux)
  • How to find active grub.conf
    ... On my disk, I installed several distributions, like FC, Debian, SuSE ... In order to remain them completement, I installed them all, ... each time the installer refresh MBR grub stage1 data to point newer ...
    (comp.os.linux.setup)