Re: Sendmail Setup

Greg Smith wrote:
Hi, I am not a Linux person but I am now setting up my first server.

The main reason I am doing this is to run a mail server. Can anybody
point me to a URL/book that will help a novice setup and maintain one?

I'd recommend using Postfix, and picking up the O'Reilly book on it.

  • Re: Sendmail Setup
    ... The main reason I am doing this is to run a mail server. ... point me to a URL/book that will help a novice setup and maintain one? ... If you're all hot on learing sendmail: ...
    (comp.os.linux.setup)
  • Re: Thunderbird Mail Stalling on outgoing
    ... The reason that I am mentioning it here is that it is happening only ... If the ISP disables all ICMP protocol on their mail server, ... compose an email message and send it to yourself. ... With any luck, you'll jam up, even without any attachment ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: Thunderbird Mail Stalling on outgoing
    ... The reason that I am mentioning it here is that it is happening only on ... If the ISP disables all ICMP protocol on their mail server, ... compose an email message and send it to yourself. ... With any luck, you'll jam up, even without any attachment ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: Antivirus?
    ... > I was just wondering this morning, do i really need antivirus? ... > reason i thought that was because i run only linux and freebsd boxes and ... the only reason that anyone has any pressing need ... they are acting as a mail server for people who use Microsoft Outlook ...
    (alt.os.linux)
  • Re: Husting post -- Jonathan Amery
    ... if you're running one, your mail server) correctly. ... The reason ... mail direct from a dynamic IP address, ... usenet.org.uk gets through, I use direct MX, I guess that Pipex have ...
    (uk.net.news.management)