CUPS printing & LPD

Hello

A little bit of a novice here but can you please advise the following.

RedHat 9.0 and Red Hat Enterprise ES 3.0 / 4.0

Can you manually restart LPD and/or CUPS from the linux shell, and if
so how?

I thought you used the "restart" command, but don't know in what
context.

Secondly, I am aware you can use http://localhost:631 to bring up the
CUPS printing system, but how do you do this from a networked PC
connected to the LINUX server rather than the main console itself?

Do I have to activate WEB server first on Linux?

TIA

John

  • Re: WTF would ANYONE buy a WIn 7 PC?
    ... and you install Linux, then they have to compensate you in the price. ... I expect an OS to just run my apps and keep out of the way otherwise. ... but the Linux shell didn't like that. ...
    (sci.electronics.design)
  • Re: WTF would ANYONE buy a WIn 7 PC?
    ... the Linux shell didn't like that. ... script I just did it manually. ...  A pain, I know. ...
    (sci.electronics.design)
  • Re: execute command line arguments
    ... prog.c through command prompt if i am working on linux ... This is a questoin about how to use the linux shell. ... Many of them will invoke programmes such as sed, grep, awk and so on with arguments. ...
    (comp.lang.c)
  • Re: Things to avoid typing at a command prompt
    ... Linux, the Linux shell, has no knowledge of what individual programs ... files is also a requested output file, and could choose to deny it, ... but that would then be a function of gcc, on any platform, not just Linux. ...
    (comp.programming)
  • Re: account services?
    ... attached) that provides a Linux shell, just so that I can refer some ... hackbox.coastfx.com (Linux System) ...
    (comp.unix.admin)