Re: odd intermittent in DSL (damnsmalllinux)
- From: Buzzard <user@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Wed, 10 May 2006 21:32:31 -0400
Bill Marcum wrote:
On Sun, 07 May 2006 00:21:41 -0400, Buzzard <user@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I recently (april 2006) dnloaded the
latest version of dsl ("damn small linux").
And it works well, right out of the 'box',
except for a coupla things:
1) sometimes, when I'm running xMMs
(dsl's version of winamp)
dsl will stop responding to keyboard and mouse.
And the music keeps on playing, and the
display keeps on updating. AFter a minute
or two of nonresponsivity, it dumps me to a
bash prompt, where I can then restart X
I still use dsl, but I've stopped
using xMMs because of this.
Any ideas on this?
Maybe not enough memory? System becomes unresponsive because it is swapping? Are you running other things at the same time as xmms?
Now that could be it... Each time it did that, I
was online and running both Firefox and xMMs at the
- Prev by Date: Re: CUPS printing & LPD
- Next by Date: Re: odd intermittent in DSL (damnsmalllinux)
- Previous by thread: Re: odd intermittent in DSL (damnsmalllinux)
- Next by thread: tc & bandwidth limit problem