Re: How to download Fedora 5 to DVD

In comp.os.linux.setup kang <kang27p@xxxxxxxxx>:
Hi,

I click the Fedora site http://fedora.redhat.com/download/#room to
download it. The DVD image is FC4-i386-DVD.iso. But the link provided is
for 4 CDs.

Where can I find the DVD image?

In the subject you ask for FC5, in the body FC4, typo?

Not all mirrors carry the DVD image, though it can be found:

http://www.filemirrors.com/search.src?file=FC-5-i386-DVD.iso&size=3253669888

Be sure to check md5sum of the .iso before burning.

Good luck

mail: echo zvpunry@xxxxxxxxxx | perl -pe 'y/a-z/n-za-m/'
#bofh excuse 109: The electricity substation in the car park
blew up.

  • Re: rsync for dummies (or how to rsync a dvd image from cdimage.ubuntu.com)?
    ... There really should a page somewhere that descibes the many variant download ... Yes you will have to rename your file to match what's on the server. ... Be sure to check the md5sum after running rsync to see if all went well. ... I downloaded a DVD image of Edgy a few days before the final release. ...
    (Ubuntu)
  • Re: DVD install
    ... >a DVD image (" Note that jigdo is the only way to download Debian DVD ... Does this DVD image exist anywhere? ... pull the jigdo file xxx.jigdo ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: Red Hat: why 6 CDs to install
    ... I'm sure I could find all I need on 2 CDs, maybe then downloading 2 or 3 extra softwares. ... However, it is much faster to download a SINGLE DVD image, burn it, and install it, rather than do a network install. ...
    (comp.os.linux.misc)
  • Re: Plans for DVD-ROM image?
    ... On Mar 17, 2004, at 08:47, Ben Steeves wrote: ... > only a DVD image, and having a tool to break it into CD images, rather ... > Anaconda lets you choose) what portions you want to download, ... and allow those of us with bandwidth and ...
    (Fedora)
  • Re: Re[2]: FC3 DVD download problems
    ... If you see the notes on fedora site about downloading dvd image you will get ... If you are using HTTP or FTP to download, ... >> You can download four cd iso files and use a script to make DVD iso out ... > thinking of rsync but there are not many rsync mirrors around and i ...
    (Fedora)