out of range

I have installed Debian Linux successfuly away from home, - on a CRT
monitor - complete with GNU etc. (full graphics i.e.) and when I took it
home it, it booted OK until I got to the "GNOM" displayer when my LCD
monitor went black displaying the message "out of range". I suppose, it's
to do with the monitor display setting, so I went back, but didn't know what
to change in the setting. I entered my correct monitor resolution, so what
else can be wrong?
Also, I don't know how to get out of the setting when when it's finished,
that is,
when the command promt comes up at the end of it?
Is this a common problem? Pls anyone? Thanks. Steve.

  • Re: out of range
    ... it booted OK until I got to the "GNOM" displayer when my LCD ... monitor went black displaying the message "out of range". ... I suspect the frame rate. ... Because of the way they work, using low frame rates on LCDs doesn't ...
    (comp.os.linux.setup)
  • out or range
    ... I have installed Debian Linux successfuly away from home, - on a CRT ... it booted OK until I got to the "GNOM" displayer when my LCD ... monitor went black displaying the message "out of range". ...
    (comp.os.linux.hardware)
  • Re: out of range
    ... it booted OK until I got to the "GNOM" displayer when my LCD ... monitor went black displaying the message "out of range". ... I entered my correct monitor resolution, ...
    (comp.os.linux.setup)
  • Re: HP Recovery discs
    ... ATI, the monitor still does not work properly, so they suggested sending ... My Question is - I have the HP Recovery disc set I created about 3 ... Provided you aren't trying to use settings that are out of range for either the monitor or the graphics adapter that should be the end of it unless there is a problem with the graphics adapter drivers or the graphics hardware. ... Make sure that the graphics adapter driver you install is the correct version-- graphics chipsets integrated on motherboards often require different drivers than a regular video card with the same graphics chip would use. ...
  • Re: More about Resolution Resetting problem
    ... Yup, resolution too tiny. ... What does that mean-- not compliant with new PC and Vista and new graphics? ... For Monitor info it says that "connector type" is VGA. ...