difficulty recompiling RHEL 4.2 kernel
- From: anti@xxxxxxxxxxxx (Dushan Mitrovich)
- Date: Thu, 01 Jun 2006 09:09:43 -0700
I've installed a version of Red Hat Enterprise Linux 4.2 and now am try-
ing to add filesystem module support for HPFS, so it could read/write
to my OS/2 files. After making the appropriate modyfication to .CONFIG
using MAKE XCONFIG, I issued the commands (using upper case here only
This is where the problem appears, as the last command produces the
[/usr/src/kernels/2.6.9-22.0.1.EL-i686]# make bzImage
/bin/sh: arch/i386/kernel/asm-offsets.s: No such file or directory
mv: cannot stat `include/asm-i386/asm_offsets.h.tmp': No such file or directory
make: *** [include/asm-i386/asm_offsets.h] Error 1
and indeed I can't find a file containing 'offsets' anywhere. I'd ap-
preciate suggestions for what my next steps should be.
Also, I've found on the Internet over half a dozen sets of directions
and HOWTOs on recompiling the kernel, and they all have somewhat diffe-
rent instructions. Maybe some are outdated. What would you recommend
as a good, up-to-date, reliable reference book accessible by a lay user?
Thanks for the help.
- Dushan Mitrovich
- Prev by Date: Re: difficulty recompiling RHEL 4.2 kernel
- Next by Date: Re: difficulty recompiling RHEL 4.2 kernel
- Previous by thread: Recover physical drive from LVM partition
- Next by thread: Re: difficulty recompiling RHEL 4.2 kernel