Re: difficulty recompiling RHEL 4.2 kernel

"Nico Kadel-Garcia" <nkadel@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Right now, can you use the "make oldconfig" commands, or "cp
/boot/config-[yourkernel] .config; make oldconfig" to get the kernel source
tree straightened out?

I think so, but am not sure. The 'make oldconfig' command seems not to
have run into any difficulties, because the file that I piped the errors
to was empty. OTOH, the normally generated messages produced a file over
100 kB in size (this entailed repeating the 'make oldconfig' command - was
this a no-no?). Also, how would I recognize a straightened out kernel
source tree if I got one?

- Dushan