Re: Yum/rpm - How do I rebuild database?

News wrote:

I was attempting to "yum update" on a FC 5 pc. The update failed with
error
messages. After that, I cannot use rpm or yum. It appears that these
programs
think that there are no packages installed. How do I fix this? I tried
rpm --rebuilddb
which did not work.

If the database is corrupt then it takes a little bit more effort;

http://www.rpm.org/hintskinks/repairdb-2003-06/

--
"A personal computer is called a personal computer because it's yours,
Anything that runs on that computer, you should have control over."

  • Re: Somehow deleted RPM and YUM... help!
    ... > I wanted to remove mysql, so I opened yumex and filtered on "sql". ... > I can no longer access RPM or YUM, so I can' t install RPM or YUM (nice ... "A personal computer is called a personal computer because it's yours, ...
    (comp.os.linux.misc)
  • Re: Fedora Core 4 updated - Now yum wont work!
    ... yum will not run, ... I tried installing from a src rpm, ... Did the python-elementtree rpm package recently change??? ... "A personal computer is called a personal computer because it's yours, ...
    (linux.redhat.misc)
  • rpm -qa without results
    ... I have a problem with rpm -qa, ... yum cleanall... ... etc, without good news. ...
    (Fedora)
  • Re: A Problem using yum on Linux Fedora Core 4
    ... > required to run yum. ... there is something wrong with your python installation. ... That directory and those files are placed there by the yum rpm. ... home site of the package. ...
    (comp.os.linux.setup)