Re: Yum/rpm - How do I rebuild database?

News wrote:

I was attempting to "yum update" on a FC 5 pc. The update failed with
messages. After that, I cannot use rpm or yum. It appears that these
think that there are no packages installed. How do I fix this? I tried
rpm --rebuilddb
which did not work.

If the database is corrupt then it takes a little bit more effort;

"A personal computer is called a personal computer because it's yours,
Anything that runs on that computer, you should have control over."
Andrew Moss, Microsoft's senior director of technical policy, 2005