Re: URGENT please help
- From: Allen Kistler <ackistler@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Sat, 15 Jul 2006 14:50:33 GMT
Nico Kadel-Garcia wrote:
I am configuring ADSL connection on FC 2 :
[root@localhost sbin]# /sbin/ifup ppp0
Hold it right here. Why are you using PPP? Most DSL connections have a
router in your house that provides your network connection as a normal
uplink, on eth0. Do you actually have the ADSL card in your PC, rather than
as part of an external box?
I use rp-pppoe, which uses ppp as part of it. My DSL modem is just a
DSL modem. I don't use FC2 any more, but I've used the same rp-pppoe
config since about RH7.3 (maybe it was RH9).
The correct way to start pppoe is "/etc/init.d/adsl start" or your
favorite variation. Other than that, make sure /etc/ppp/pppoe.conf,
pap-secrets, and chap-secrets has all the right stuff in it.
- Prev by Date: Re: URGENT please help
- Next by Date: No sound on headphones
- Previous by thread: Re: URGENT please help
- Next by thread: Re: URGENT please help