No sound on headphones

Hi,

I have a Dell Latitude D620 with kernel 2.6.17-1.2145_FC5smp,and
surprisingly the sound is working (i.e. playing racks from a CD etc)!
But the sound is always played by the build-in speakers of the laptop
itself. When plugging in headphones, the sound still is played only
from the build-in speakers, but not from the headphones.
How can I switch that the sound is put out to the headphonse? I tried
around but didn't get it to work.

I appreciate any help in that.

Regards
Alex

  • Re: Q. Does anyone have anything but LIES to say here?
    ... Headphones provide a sound I could never afford from speakers. ... i wasn't trying to insult anyone. ...
    (rec.audio.opinion)
  • Re: Aviom sound system
    ... headphones as they are more comfortable, I think the model I have is ... I'll be getting an aviom system for my studio's monitoing in the next ... That sound is then put out through the theater on the Aviom sound ... We really don't have any control over the dynamics or tone- it's all ...
    (rec.music.makers.guitar.jazz)
  • Re: Aviom sound system
    ... headphones as they are more comfortable, I think the model I have is ... own preamps and/or pedal boards which we run directly into the board ... I'll be getting an aviom system for my studio's monitoing in the next ... That sound is then put out through the theater on the Aviom sound ...
    (rec.music.makers.guitar.jazz)
  • Re: Can I pick your brains about headphones?
    ... FWIW I've just got a pair of Sennheiser HD449 phones. ... You might think that one maker would have a preferred 'house sound'. ... graphic equaliser with my headphones on. ... most headphone specs say something useless like "response 17Hz to 25 ...
    (uk.rec.audio)
  • Re: Perplexing vocal anomaly
    ... However when I put the studio headphones ... sound much better with it hooked up and the phones on. ... the phones on I sound like shit compared to with them on. ... These block out pretty much all other ambient noises, ...
    (alt.guitar)