Re: mirroring drives

linxlvr wrote:

Hi all;
I was wondering what is the best way to copy the system drive to a
second hard drive.

Wanted it completely backed up including boot so I could just exchange
drives.

Ghost 4 Linux might be what you're looking for?
http://sourceforge.net/projects/g4l

--
Regards,
ToreS

  • Re: installation problems
    ... RH 9 had trashed my Linux partition and rendered my PC unbootable. ... >you can create the floppy from and can be created on a differnet ... >on the CD as the floppy boot image. ... and since flash drives seem to be listed in /proc as scsi devices, ...
    (comp.os.linux.misc)
  • Re: Had it with Fedora!
    ... pretty much useless desktop but the servers and samba work well. ... The darned install disc will not even boot in the Linux ... media in both CDROM drives, then moves right to Fedora on the SATA drive. ...
    (alt.os.linux)
  • Re: Linux BIOS Challenge
    ... BootitNG is an arcane sort of boot manager prog that is my best mate's ... accepted all the defaults offered by Linux and the bootup is now Suse ... >> the first boot up device and entered the BIOS to change it. ... >> the BIOS successfully detected both drives and ran the Suse boot menu. ...
    (alt.os.linux.suse)
  • Re: moving to linux --- success finally [long]
    ... > new drive as secondary master to use fo Linux. ... For starters, it noticed partition table ... > drives, and helpfully offered to fix them. ... > Anyway, PartitionMagic comes with BootMagic, their own boot loader. ...
    (Fedora)
  • Sandisk Utility
    ... i am trying to boot my board via CF through a IDE to CF adapter. ... FAT32 compact flash boot drive ... When I download the image to _the same CF card_ when it is formatted ... a hard drive and copy finished image to the flash drives. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.embedded)