linux on a old laptop

HI,

I need help i'v got and old laptop that pritty slow runing win98se and
98lite, and i would like to know what type of linux would work best
with it.
Here is the info about it.

Toshiba Satellite Pro 430CDT
Intel 120MHz
48.6MB of memery
750MB Hard drive
20x cd-rom drive
3 1/2" floppy drive

It also can't boot from cd's so i need to know how to boot linux form a

floppy.

My e-mail is <compaq-xp@xxxxxxxxxxx>

  • Re: linux on a old laptop
    ... I need help i'v got and old laptop that pritty slow runing win98se ... I would suggest a new laptop. ... This is pretty small for any version of linux. ...
    (comp.os.linux.setup)
  • Re: linux on a old laptop
    ... I need help i'v got and old laptop that pritty slow runing win98se and ... None of new linux distros will run on that kind of thing ...
    (comp.os.linux.setup)
  • Re: linux on a old laptop
    ... I need help i'v got and old laptop that pritty slow runing win98se and ... None of new linux distros will run on that kind of thing ... Vectorlinux with XFCE as the GUI ought to work. ... And you'd have a modern kernel and ...
    (comp.os.linux.setup)