Re: New Install Needing Partition Help

Im at that point where Im wanting more security on my system, like
partitioning /home, but I do not fully understand partitioning. I have
read and read over the past four days so I have pieced together
something that I think is correct.

I was told not to put the /root account on a primay and only /boot on a
primary. I dont know if that is correct or not. But I did it the other
way - now I wonder if I have to, or need to, change it.

  • Re: Newbie Qns: How do I...
    ... For added security, static ... As an example, here's my current partitioning layout, in the output from ... Filesystem Type Size Used Avail Use% Mounted on ... The last line refers to POSIX shared memory, i.e. a dynamic RAM-disk, if ...
    (comp.os.linux.misc)
  • Re: Whats the advantage of allocating separate partition as mount point to /etc, /home and etc
    ... Partitioning can be used for isolation, for security, for performance... ... see X- headers for PGP signature information ...
    (comp.os.linux.setup)
  • Re: disk druid !!!!! why like this ???
    ... I dont understand why is it really a problem. ... what if you are on RHCE exam ... partitioning a hdd in said partitions and mount points ...
    (Fedora)
  • Re: Code generation from CASE tools
    ... > replacement that is based upon the same sort of application partitioning ... > emphasized by translation. ... You dont know what to do when you dont know what you're doing. ...
    (comp.object)
  • Re: disk druid !!!!! why like this ???
    ... I've facing one problem (doing partitioning practice on 10GB IDE ... I dont understand why is it really a problem. ... fdisk works perfectly and maintains the partition order as per the ... And that is entirely the filesystems usage is what it is, ...
    (Fedora)